Thursday, July 5, 2012

Home Improvements

Well, for the last two weeks, I have been a busy man. I decide it was finally time to do something with my wooden privacy fence. I had it installed in October 2010 but never got around to treating and/or staining it. That all changed last week. I got out there and pressured wash it to removed all the unwanted debris from it and got it ready for a new outlook on life aka stain. My mother-in-law came in to town so I figured it would be an excellent time to finally stain it since we had extra help.

We got out there Saturday morning and realized it was going to be a long, painstaking process to get the fence completed. With the extreme heat, we had in the Carolinas, we could only stain for about 3-5 hours each day. We complete approxmiately 4 panels in 2 and half that morning before having to call it quits due to the heat. Once the wife got home from work, we ate dinner and were back at the fence again...
 



We worked like this on and off for the next three days. In the timeframe, we got all of the inside complete, the front sections faced the street and the side facing my neighbor's house. We were glad to make it that far in staining but still have the back outside part to complete and the other side of the fence that is facing my oher neighbors fence. It took out approximately 12 gallons of stain to do all the sections mentioned above.


In the end, I truly appreciate the love and respect that my mother-in-law and wife offered during this summer project. Without them, I would still be working on the inside of the fence
 
Hopefully, we will get the last sections completed in the coming week or two!

No comments: